FreeXit keeps track of foods stored in your freezer (and with a little more user configuration, in your fridge or pantry), along with the quantity, purchase date and expiration date. You can specify whether automatic calculation of expiration date is to be done for each item and whether the item is cooked, frozen (the default) or vacuum packaged. You can configure your own food categories and set the shelf life of different food categories so that nothing is wasted. Food items can be listed within storage spaces and sub-spaces that you create. FreeXit uses color coding to indicate which foods are nearing their expiration dates. Some of the main features include:
- a printable report of stored food items
- a printable shopping list
- spell check on note fields
- list sorting and filtering
- notes on food storage
- tabbed interface (you can hide screens that don't often change)
- two color coded warning levels that you can customize
- a vacuum packaging factor for automatic calculations that you can set from 2 to 5
- a utilities screen to backup, restore and repair/compact data
When you first install FreeXit it will already have some food categories to get you started. These categories will include a suggested shelf life for uncooked frozen and cooked frozen items based on information from the United States Department of Agriculture (Food Safety and Inspection Service) as well as other credible sources. You can review the suggested numbers and adjust them as you see fit. There are also spaces where you can enter appropriate numbers for food that is not being kept frozen.
FreeXit was created with Microsoft Office Access 2007 but you don't need to have Access installed to use it because the Microsoft Office Access 2007 Runtime is included in the installation file.
Other software by VisualiXit Software
FreeXit 1.0-FreeXit keeps track of foods stored in your freezer, fridge or pantry.