TextMagus is your indispensable assistant in working with text files. If the elements of the source text file are separated by certain symbols (comma, semicolon, tab character or any other symbol) or if all the elements in the text file are of the same width, TextMagus will allow you to easily convert it into the required format. TextMagus will also help to choose the right character set for the source file and the result obtained.
The built-in functions will relieve you of routine numbering the lines and calculating their number.
Once the template for converting a certain type of files is created, you will turn text processing into an enjoyable job and save precious time! TextMagus is frequently used for solving the following tasks:
1. Transformation of the text the elements of which are separated by certain symbols into an easily perceived tabulated format.
2. Reverse conversion - the initial file is a text with fixed width elements resembling a tabulated structure. It is to be converted into a text with separators, for instance, for subsequent processing by some program.
3. Converting the text from one character set into another.
4. Removal of redundant information from the file; for example, one or several extra columns in a tabulated text file.
5. Adding certain elements to the source file to obtain a text of the required structure. For example TXT -> XML.
6. Replacement of certain elements of the source text by information from an external reference file.